The focus is on self-development, self-awareness and skills development along with how to research opportunities and options post 16.
In Year 10 as part of the PSHE programme students will:
- Identify the skills employers value and take control by planning how they can develop and demonstrate them.
- Discuss the qualities and actions that help people to succeed
- Learn to identify key skills that they should develop for life and work
- Select areas for self -improvement and plan steps they will take
- Learn about Labour Market information and the impact it can have on career choices
- Learn how globalisation affects employment and career planning
- Explore employment trends and changes to occupational sectors
- Be aware of the impact that technology has on employment sectors
The programme of events for year 10 includes:
- Talks from:
- Training providers
- To inform on the many choices available post 16.
- Career interviews:
All students in Year 11 will have a 1:1 meeting about their option choices, career routes and post 16 options. This will build on their individual career learning plan helping students to refine career targets for the future and will form part of their target setting review.
The opportunity to visit job shows and skills events such as the National Apprenticeship Show and Skills Show.
Icould - Careers advice, choices & ideas
Careersbox - Watch videos of people in different jobs
Take a quiz to explore careers in different worlds of work:
www.thetechpartnership.com/tech-future-careers/quiz - roles in the tech world
Other places to get independent advice:
The National Careers Service: www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
The Youth Faculty (MK Council): Tel: 01908 556700 | Email: email@example.com