The focus is on self-assessment, career paths and options post 14.
In Year 9 students choose their options for Years 10 & 11.
As part of the PSHE programme students will
· Look at how to make decisions and plan their transition into Year 10
- Opportunity Awareness
- Job Sectors
so that they are aware of the qualities and skills required by various jobs and know where to find information relating to careers
· Begin to identify some of their strengths and weaknesses
· Learn that hobbies and interests can influence career choices
· Be aware of self-marketing and start to develop employability skills
· Learn the importance of life-long learning
All students in Year 9 will have a 1:1 meeting about their option choices, career routes and post 16 options.
This will set out an individual career learning plan which will help students set career targets for the future and will form part of their target setting review.
A Careers advisor will be available for meetings at the Year 9 options evening.
Further information to help you in Year 9:
Information on qualifications and options:
Icould - Careers advice, choices & ideas
Careersbox - Watch videos of people in different jobs
Take a quiz to explore careers in different worlds of work:
www.thetechpartnership.com/tech-future-careers/quiz - roles in the tech world
Other places to get independent advice:
The National Careers Service: www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
The Youth Faculty (MK Council): Tel: 01908 556700 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org